Looking for something different to share with your family this holiday season? Buy an item made right here in Central Virginia from the Spectrum Stone Designs’ Central Virginia Holiday Gift Guide 2016
Shopping for holiday presents can be a challenge. You want to find the perfect present that not only makes a loved one smile, but also surprises them with just how much time and effort you took to find something unique just for them. Spectrum Stone Designs, Central Virginia’s leading natural stone fabricator, is here to help. We’ve compiled a list of some of the most interesting items made right here in Central Virginia. Add some of these products to your 2016 shopping list, and we are sure you’ll be the hit of any party.
- Ikebana by Mary Ann Burk: A Japanese flower arrangement that meets strict rules for optimal design, our own Central Virginia resident Mary Ann Burk is a master of the art of Ikebana. These unique designs will brighten any home or office space and are perfect holiday gifts. Learn more about Mary Ann Burk’s work at http://www.thebarnswallow.com/.
- Lynchburg Community Market: Open Tuesday through Saturday form 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., the Lynchburg Community Market offers food, artwork and fun. Visit the market at 1219 Main Street in Lynchburg, Virginia for amazing and unique items like these by vendors Norman Ogden and Bonnie Kinnaird, Huufworks and Bruce Mayberry. Learn more about the market at http://lynchburgcommunitymarket.com/.
- Oxide Pottery: Made in Lynchburg, these amazing pottery pieces are an incredible gift. From vases to bowls and plates to bottles, these Central Virginia artisans’ pieces are gifts anyone will love to receive. Custom order or buy now at http://www.oxidepottery.com/.
- Peg’s Salt: This wonderful seasoned salt, made right here in Virginia, enhances the flavor of almost every food. Whether you select the traditional (and very popular) version or the pink variety, Peg’s Salt is sure to bring the recipient of this unique gift a very big holiday-style smile. Buy Peg’s Salt at https://pegssalt.com/. ***Hostess alert*** Priced at less than $10, Peg’s Salt also makes a great gift for the generous people inviting you into their homes for parties and open houses this holiday season.
- Mini Color-Your-Own Washi Tape Jewelry Trays: One of our favorite Virginia bloggers, Carrie at Dream Green DIY, shows us how to make our own fun holiday gift. Using a few simple supplies, you can create your very own designs for fun jewelry trays that make an affordable and different holiday gift. Snag the directions at: http://www.dreamgreendiy.com/2016/09/06/diy-mini-color-washi-tape-jewelry-trays/.
Need additional ideas for local gifts? Check out our 2015 Central Virginia holiday gift guide.
Spectrum Stone Designs is Lynchburg’s only local fabricator of natural stone countertops, surrounds and tiles for kitchens, fireplaces and baths. Serving Lynchburg, Roanoke, Charlottesville and all of Central Virginia, Spectrum Stone Designs imports top-quality granite, marble and other stone and expertly cuts and polishes before professionally installing in homes or offices. Spectrum Stone Designs strives for excellence in craftsmanship and customer service.