Spectrum Stone Designs Explains How to Create a Relaxing Bathroom
At the end of a long, stressful day, there is nothing better than stepping into a warm bath or taking a long hot shower. There is also nothing as invigorating as starting a new day getting ready to take on all of life’s challenges in a space where you feel comfortable and relaxed. That’s why Spectrum Stone Designs, Central Virginia’s leading natural stone fabricator, explains how to create a relaxing bathroom.
- Select a Scent: Choose a signature scent for your bathroom. Maybe you love the beach? Try ocean scents like Ocean Star by Yankee Candle, Ocean Breeze by Candle Accents in Roanoke or Ocean Mist and Sea Salt by Nest. Are mountains more your style? Try Mountain Larkspur by Root Legacy, Appalachian Woodsmoke by Johnny Porter of Orange County, Virginia or Wood Fire by Diptyque.
- Chose a Color: Pick a color that matches your scent. For the beach scent, try blues, grays and whites. For a mountain color scheme, try browns, greens and other neutrals. Take a look at our granite, marble and quartz collections to find a color that matches your theme.
- Lighten Up: Lighting sets a mood. When you are trying to relax, you’ll want softer light. However, getting ready in the morning, you may want brighter lights so you can see your face as you groom. Try installing a dimmer so you can adjust the light for the perfect mood.
- Make Music: Just like light, music makes a mood. From an elaborate stereo system to a tiny radio, find the right solution for your bathroom. You may even want to consider waterproof speakers to bring the music with you as you relax.
- Coordinate a Candle: Add a candle that matches your bathroom’s chosen scent and color. Perhaps you’ve selected an ocean mist scent and light blue color scheme. Pick a candle with a beach scent in a shade of light blue to match your relaxing bathroom.
Need help creating the relaxing bathroom of your dreams. Spectrum Stone Designs can help. Contact us today.
Spectrum Stone Designs is Lynchburg’s only local fabricator of natural stone countertops, surrounds and tiles for kitchens, fireplaces and baths. Serving Lynchburg, Roanoke, Charlottesville and all of Central Virginia, Spectrum Stone Designs imports top-quality granite, marble and other stone and expertly cuts and polishes before professionally installing in homes or offices. Spectrum Stone Designs strives for excellence in craftsmanship and customer service.